Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blog Assignment #1 due 9/16/12

After creating your blog profile, post your answers to the following questions:

- Why did you decide to take this class as your elective?
- What are you hoping to get out of this class? What do you want to learn about?
- What is one thing that your parent(s) want you to get out of this class?

66 comments:

  1. I was kinda thrown into this my first day.

    To learn to be a better economist and to look at things in a different perspective.

    I have no clue what my parents want me to get out of this class, but it probably has something to do with good grades and to gain knowledge about how the economy works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin Osborn
    1) I took this class as an elective because of my need to manage my finances, balance scholarships, and learn about how this national and world economy operates.

    2) I'm hoping to learn about how the stock market works specifically, how and why companies become corporations, how much of a part small business plays in the economy, and ways of correcting the massive amounts of inflation, taxation, and eventual crash we face.

    3) My parents want me to get a feel for the economy on a macro level since they've already taught me how to balance accounts and check books on the micro level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - I took this class because I want to major in Business Marketing.
    - I want to learn about personal financing and information about how the stock market works.
    - My parents would like me to learn about personal financing to manage my money now as well as my future financials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to take this class this year as an elective because i wanted to learn more about how the real world works after high school.I want to be ahead of the game, and be able to do finances by myself instead of having to rely on my dad to do them/help me do them.
    I'm hoping to 1 enjoy my senior year with classes that are going to benefit my life in the long run and 2 im hoping to be able to learn how to do finances and learn more about our economic problems in the world, and not be so clueless about problems they talk about all the time.
    My dad just wants me to get through my senior year and graduate without anymore struggle, so when he found out i was taking this class he was concerned that it would be difficult for me to keep up with not only this class but all my other classes as well. I'm sure hes happy that i'm taking this class because its going to teach me how to be an adult earlier then usual. He wants me to be self sufficient and be able to do things on my own instead of always coming to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. The reason I took this class was because my guidance counselor had me take it.
    2. I'm not exactly sure what I want to get out of this class, or what to learn about just yet, but it'll come to me eventually.
    3. My parents want me to get an A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -I decided to take this class as my elective because I think it'll be really helpful for college and beyond. I want to go into a business field when I'm older and also study either business or communications in college and this class will be really good to get a head start on the things that I'll be doing then instead of going into it not knowing a thing about it. Also, I think knowing about the economy and other economically related topics are super helpful to know and understand. Also I like the problem solving aspects of the class.

    -What I'm hoping to get out of this class is a basic understanding of economics and hopefully be able to personally handle at least some of my own finances. I also want to get a head start on things that will be useful to know and be able to do when I go off to college and find a job. I want to learn about the economy in general and managing finances since I really don't know about much of it at all right now.It's a great course to take to really begin to comprehend the way that the world works because now everything is run on imports and exports and many other aspects of society and focused around money and the economy.

    -One thing my parents want me to get out of this class would be an understanding of finances. They want me to be independent and be able to manage my money and other financial things without having to worry. They also thought it would be a good class for me to take to prep for related courses that I may be taking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided to take this class as my elective because I am very interested in learning about our economy and the way it works. Especially with all of the buzz about today's bad economic problems, i wanted to get myself more informed and know more about what is going on in our world today because the economy is something that will never fade away! I am hoping to create for myself a better understanding of how the economy works, the good and the bad side of it because it is all relevant to todays world and what is going on . I want to learn about more Freakanomics case studies because i find the out of the box type thinking very interesting and entertaining and also very informative. One thing that i think my parents would like me to take out of this class would be that i am able to have a better understanding of how the US economy works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I decided to take this class as an elective because i have always been interested in economics and one day hope to own a business of my own.

    I am hoping to be a better economist and learn what it takes to own a business. I hope to learn about the stock market and that type of stuff.

    My parents want me to know what it is going to take to run and manage a business. They also want me to get good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I decided to take this elective because I sat in the class for half the year (study hall)last year, and I became very interested in what you were talking about. I would also love to learn more about financing my money. And because I wanted you as a teacher again, of course! I am hoping to learn more about how to finance my money and become an educated saver and spender. The tricks and tools of economics is something I want to be able to understand and use effectively through out my life and financial decisions. My parents would love me to understand the importance of putting away my money. They want me to be able to understand interest and how saving money over time will be a smart move. That not everything I want, I should buy because that is extra money I could be saving for future, more expensive and important purchases. My parents want me to be a smart spender and a great saver, just like they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. The reason for I want to join this class because I was planning to study business in college.
    2. I was hoping just to learn more about financial information that will help me later on in life.
    3. My parents want me to get into business and just hope that I'll learn to deal with my money in a good way for a good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took this class this year because I am interested in studying business in college. I think that knowing a little about economics will have benefits in the future not only for college, but also for my personal life.
    I hope that I learn about how money circulates in our country. I would like to better understand the stock market. I also want to learn about personal financing.
    My parents want to me to learn how to manage money. They also want me to build a strong base knowledge on the subject of economics for college.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1.)I decided to take this class as my elective because i want to know how the economy works, because i might be taking international business in college, and i want to know all about macro and micro economics.

    2.) I am hoping to get out of this class a better understanding on how our economy works worldwide. i would like to learn everything there is to know about economics so i can have a good background of what is economics.

    3.) One thing that my parents would like me to get out of this class is good grades and knowledge on how i can manage and industry or be a successful business man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kenny Wu
    1. I decided to take this class as an elective because I want to major in business in college. Knowing economics in high school can jump start me into thinking what type of career interest me. And I also would like to learn the basics about Economics.
    2. I would like to learn the definition of Econ and learn how it affects our daily lives. I want to have a strong understanding of this subject.
    3. My parents want me to learn the basics of Econ and also they want me to learn about Finance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I took economics because I want to go to college for business and i wanna own my own business.I figured that if I took economics in high school, that I would have an easier job in college. I am hopping to learn why the economy goes up and down.I would also like to know how to manage finances. I would also want to know what type of finances it takes to own your own business and keep it running. I would also like to know how the economy places a role in different businesses and other countries. I think my parents want me to take this class because I wanna go into business.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1.) I am interested in learning the principles of economics and bettering my education in this subject.

    2.) I really want to play the stock market game and i hope i will learn how to take care of my personal economic situation.

    3.) A better understanding of how the economy works and how to make money in the stock market and manage stock portfolio's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. I decided to take this class because i missed you way to much and you told me to.
    2. I hope to get something out of this class im not sure what because i am not familiar with all the topics surrounding economics. i would like to learn about everything i want a basic walk through of all the topics.
    3. I dont even think they know im takeing this class to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yesterday, I decided to stay home instead of coming into school about two hours late. By doing this, I didn't get a Saturday school which I wouldn't be present for because of work. Missing a Saturday school would of cost me a three-day suspension. This was an example of trade-off, unintended consequence, and a opportunity cost. Instead of school, I stayed home, finally got to sleep past 11, get some energy, do a lot of homework that is due on Friday, and run some errands. I hate the school rules because i woke up at 9, which is after my TGA. If i came in to school after TGA i would of got a Saturday school because i "skipped a class". Instead, i just stayed home and got one absence. One absence is not going to hurt me, only 4 absences would hurt me in one term with a Saturday school. This is an example of unintended consequence for this school. They don't want us to be late so we just don't show up instead. If you ask me, this is ridiculous. But hey, I guess missing out on school isn't so bad after all :D.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1: The reason why i decided to take this class as my elective, is because i felt like this class was a class that would help me further my education. Also i want to begin learning about finances and things about money so i am more prepared for the future.
    My family would like for me to be more mature with money and for me to know where and how i spend my money. To me stock market is something im interested in, because its a big thing in our economy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I decided to take this class this year as my elective for two reasons. First off, I wanted to have Scholes again as a teacher. Freshman year world history was a great class in which I feel like I learned a lot and had fun while doing it. Secondly, I am thinking of studying something in the field of business when i get to college, preferably marketing or economics. My dad majored in economics when he went to college and now owns his own business, so he also helped in my decision to take the class. I also heard nothing but good from students who took the class last year.
    Out of this class I am hoping to get a good base of knowledge in economics. I am hoping that it will help me a lot when I take college courses on the subject. In addition, I think it is important to know about finance as I get older. In today's society, knowing your financial standpoint is more than important, it is necessary. My goal for the future is to own a large company, or gain a leading position in a company. As of right now, I am thinking an architecture firm. This class is like step one of that goal. I would love to learn about stocks and the stock market, as well as how to financially plan out my future.
    Like I said earlier, my father majored in economics. He always talks to my brother and I about business, money, and the financial issues in the US. My parents want me to be knowledgeable about not only my own money and my own finances, but economics of the US as well, especially before I start applying to college.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1) I decided to take this class as an elective because my guidance counselor told me I should.

    2) I want to learn about how economics works and see how the things we learn translate to were we live now.


    3) My parents want me to gain knowledge on economics and they also want me to get through this class with an A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i took this class as an elective because i believe it will help me balance my money well and help me to learn the tricks and trade of using the stock market taking out loans and how to make a profit.

    i hope to gain knowledge in the economic world and excel in finances. i hope to learn how to balance my money, pay bills and earn a profit.

    my parents want me to learn responsibility by being able to handle my own finances but also excel and be able to make a large profit

    ReplyDelete
  22. i took this class this year because my guidance counselor told me to, also i was interested in how our economy works. another reason i took this class was because i like money. during this class i hope to get a better understanding of economics and how our economy works also during the year i would like to learn about behavioral economics and why people buy things. i think that my parents want me to get a good grade out of this class.

    ReplyDelete
  23. -I took this class as an elective because my friend needed a personal development class to graduate and he didn't want to take cooking or anything else so i gave him my social issues class.

    -What I'm hoping to get out of this class is to gain more knowledge about the money,business,and learn more about the eco world and hopefully make a career out of it.

    -One thing my parents want me to get out of this class is knowledge and skill so i can expand my learning ability and understand why a business will do something and how it can affect it either positively or negatively

    ReplyDelete
  24. I decided to take this class as my elective because I wanted to learn more about the economy. I feel like I am somewhat clueless as to how the economy works and I wanted to get a better understanding of it. Also, I am interested in a career in either math or business so I think this class is a small step toward majoring in business. In this class I am hoping to learn more about finances and the economic problems today. I am also interested in learning about stocks and the stock market. I would like to learn enough about finances and spending to be able to control my own in the future without the help of anyone else. My parents want me to succeed in school. They thought it would be a good idea to take this class so I would learn more about the economy and its problems and also have an idea of how to control my money in the future so I can be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I decided to take this class because it was highly recommended by everyone I talked to and most students said it was a very interesting class. Because most students, including myself, do not know what they want to do when they are older, I see this class as a great way to experience what economics and the business world is like. I am hoping to get a background on economics and learn how to better manage my finance and better understand how the stock market works. I would like to learn the basics of economics so I have a better understanding of what the business world is like. My parents see this class as a great opportunity and are glad it is offered at the school.My dad is a constant saver of his money and is always trying to teach me the same, hopefully this class will give me the background on learning how to finance my money better as well. My dad works in Boston, and is an insurance underwriter, all my life I have never really had a full idea of what it is exactly he does at his job. I always just see him working with a lot of big numbers. Hopefully economics will give me a better understanding of finance and the business world so I can see if it is something I am interested in doing later in life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I took this class because it is an interesting class and also looks good when applying for college.

    i hope to get a better understanding of economics and it's principles.

    My parents want me to pass and also feel comfortable taking it

    ReplyDelete
  27. Taking this class as an elective was a decision that I was thrown into. I was signed up to take Spanish, but because of a schedule conflict I could not. I was given options that were available for C block, and was ecstatic to learn that this class was available. I had always wanted to take and econ class, but it had never fit into my schedule before. I am eager to be taking this class because I believe it is important to educate myself about the economy. As a consumer, being informed and educated about the decisions I make and the repercussions that will come with those decisions will ultimately allow me to spend the money I earn wisely. I also believe that an understanding of economics will allow me to gain a better understanding of global issues; the economy is a major element that syncs the world on a common system. I am always trying to further myself by gaining as much knowledge as I can about the intricacies of the world, and studying economics will give me a strong basis to understand and further my investigations about the world. My parents have never explicitly expressed how they felt about me taking this class, but I know that they are always encouraging me to learn as much as I can about as many topics as I can. They will appreciate the fact that I am taking a class that will give me basic knowledge that I will need to be successful in life.

    ReplyDelete
  28. - Why did you decide to take this class as your elective?
    I decided to take this class as my elective because I'm interested in studying business in college but I don't know what I want to major in. I've heard Economics is a popular major for business interested students. I'm also taking a e-online learning class for Entrepreneurship.

    - What are you hoping to get out of this class? What do you want to learn about?
    I'm hoping to learn the concepts of the economy to further my understanding of how the system works. I would like to open up my own business and make it successful through lessons learned from this class and other classes in college.

    - What is one thing that your parent(s) want you to get out of this class?
    My parents want me to get the financial understandings out of this class.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I decided to take this class as my elective because I wanted to learn more about the economy. With today's economy being bad, I want to learn more about it, so that I can be as successful as I possibly can be after highschool. Getting an understanding about the economy will help me when I go to college for business. I'm hoping to get as much information about the economy that I can, so that I can use my knowledge towards my business career in the future. My parents want me to gain a better understanding about the economy so that when I grow up, I will know how to spend my money and be wise with it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I decided to take this class as an elective because I want to pursue a career in fashion merchandising. I thought I needed a better understanding of the economy and this class would give me the information I need. I am hoping to be more knowledgeable about the world and the economy. Also, I believe this class will give me a head start for my college education. I hope to learn more about being financially responsible and how the stock market works. To be honest my parents were the ones who pushed me to take this class. I thought it would be boring and didn't have much interest. So far, I was wrong. I am enjoying this class very much and have found what we have learned so far is not only relevant in today's society but helpful. My parents wanted me to learn more about economics because they thought it would help me to succeed in college and for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 1) I took this elective because i want to lean basic knowledge about the economy and hope to be a business man one day

    2) I am hoping to get knowledge out of this class and how the economy works and how corporations and company's maintain positive income

    3) One reason my parents wanted me to take this class was to expand knowledge on how economics work and how a business can maintain financial stability

    ReplyDelete
  32. 1) I'm taking this class because I want to major in business management in college.

    2) I want to learn how to balance my money and how to run a successful business.

    3) My parents want me to take this class because of the reasons i listed above. I want to major in business management and I want to learn how to manage a successful business after college.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I took this class as my elective because I want to learn more about the economy and i would like to major in business in college, maybe in the marketing field. A business degree is never not going to be useful. Also Scholes is a way better teach than the other economics teacher....(not going to name any names). I hoping to get a better understanding of basic economics, as well as finance, which i have no experience with. I think my parents want me to get a good base knowledge of economics and finance to build on in college.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I decided to take this class as my elective because I want to learn more about how our economy works, and why it's so bad. I'm hoping to be able to understand economic terms and if asked to explain why our economy is doing so poorly I'll be able to answer it completely. At the end of the school year, I want to walk out of the classroom knowing that I am one step closer to becoming an economist. My parents want me to take this class because it'll help me when I go off to college, and because they know it will help me better understand how our country works.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I decided to take this elective because I want to become a history teacher and economics is one of core topics of history, so the course would help me. Also the class will give me a better idea of how all the financing for college works. Out of this class I am hoping to get a better understanding of how the economy actually work and I would like to learn more about how economists can predict stock prices going up or down. My parents don't care about my classes one way or the other, they trust that I take classes that will help me out in applying to colleges. They also trust that I will get a good good in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I took this class because I love Scholes and I had so many people tell me how they really enjoyed this class. Also, my family always tells me how I don’t know anything about the world like politics or economics so I figured that this would be a great way to get introduced to the economic world. I’m hoping that by taking this class I’ll have a better understanding of how the economy works and I’ll be able to have discussions with my parents about it! I would love to learn about how the stock market works and everything about economics! I don’t really have a background on it so anything I learn will be new. My parents will probably like that I’m getting introduced to the real world and that I’ll understand something that they are talking about. I’ll eventually have to learn about the economy and how it operates so they are probably happy that I’m learning about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I decided to take Ms. Scholes economic class because I hope to go to college next year for business.One day I hope to work at and eventually run my own business and by taking this class I hope I will get some background information on economics. Economics has always interested me and since a young age I have been interested in learning how to be responsible with money and learning how our country's finances work.One thing i would like to learn from this class is how our countries economics works as a whole and how all of our countries different industries come together to make one economy.One thing that my parents will like about me taking economics is that it will teach me more about how to use your money in the real world because once i leave for college they wont be there to help me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I decided to take this class as my elective because I have an interest in majoring in business in college and I felt that this class would give me a better understanding of the subject matter that I might be covering as a business major. I'm hoping to gain a base of knowledge about economics that I can work with and apply to my future studies and possibly everyday life. My parents would like me to gain an understanding, however small, of the current state of the world and how economics affects the human race as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I took this class as my elective because I want to get a better understanding of business and how the economy works. I also was recommended to take it by a couple of friends. I am also taking stats and My guidance counselor said these two classes closely connect.
    I am hoping to gain more knowledge about the economy, business and money. I want to learn about business and what it takes to run one. I am planing on going to college and studying business and economics. I want to learn more about finance and better ways to handle money, because it is important to know in our economy today.
    My parents wanted to me to take this class because they wanted me to learn about business and finance. They are encouraging me to study business and hopefully owning my own one day. They also want me to learn to be financially stable as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I chose to take this class because Scholes is awesome and I wanted to be more aware of the economy and how it works. The economy isn't too good right now and I want to know what's going on and how I could do my part in trying to fix it. I would like to learn as much as I can about economics since I honestly don't know anything about it. I hope by the end of this year I learned atleast the basic foundations of economics. My parent would hope for me to learn the basics of economics so I can be informed on what is going on with our country today and how it operates.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I decided to take this class mainly to help me in picking a college major. At the moment I am leaning towards a business or marketing major and I think hat by taking this class it will help me to decide if that is the right fit for me. In this class I hope to learn the fundementals of running a business and what needs to be done in order to present data to a company. Parents also hope that this class will help me to decide my college major because they do not want to pay for college and have me come home because I hate what I am studying.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I decided to take this class as an elective because my friends took it before and they said it was a good class and that you are a nice teacher. Also my guidance counselor said I should do this class instead of taking a study hall so colleges like it. I am hoping to learn about how the economy works and about how we spend our money. I would like to learn about the stock market so I can become rich. Also to learn about how to spend my money better so i'm not broke and in debt. My parents want me to get an understanding about the economy and how to manage my money when I go to college.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I decided to take this class as an elective this year because I want to major in business in college. However, I think that it is important to understand economics and finance no matter what you want to do in life. No matter what, the economic world will effect everyone in one way or another. It's crucial to understand this if you want to be able to make smart decisions and understand what is going on in the world around you. Also, I have heard from others who have already taken the class that they really enjoyed it. In class this year I want to learn about the concepts of economy and learn anything that will help me in the business world. If I want to be the head of a big company, I will have to understand economics. My parents would like to see me succeed in this class because one day I will be on my own and there are a lot of economic aspects of life that I am going to need to understand. Also, hopefully this class will help me with getting into a good school.

    ReplyDelete
  45. 1.I decided to take this class as an elective because i want to learn how the economy works and be able to see how finance works as well. I really like to learn about money related issues. Business marketing is one of my interest to go to college for and this will further help educate me on whether i like it or not.
    2.I was hoping to be able to understand how the money distribution in the nation is and how bad the economy has become and what we could do in the future to try and help out the
    economy in a positive way so that i have a higher chance of maintaining my job and keeping my salary where i want it to be. I want to own my own dealership in the future so i wanted to understand the consumers needs/wants and how we can manage the marginal profit.
    3.My parents said that i manage my money very poorly so that thought that it would be nice to learn about finances. They also own two businesses that requires a lot of financial organization so they want me to manage it as soon as i get out of school.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I decided to take this class as an elective because it was one of the few classes I could switch into after the 1st day of school. I'm interested in business and took Intro to Business Management last year so I thought this would be a good continuation of that.
    I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the economic world that we live in. Everything is run by money in our society so its extremely beneficial to have a good understanding of finances in order to succeed in life. I wasn't exactly sure what we would be taught, but I've really enjoyed the first 2 weeks of class. It requires me to put a lot of thought into peoples motives. I hope to learn more aspects of economics that are as interesting as what we've been working on so far. I'm not sure if my mom is aware that I'm taking this class. I don't talk about school much with her. But I'd imagine she'd want me to be able to do my finances once I move out, which I already do pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  47. 1) For quite a few reason I chose to take this class as my elective. First off I heard nothing except good things about Ms. Scholes Economics class, everything from her funny sense of humor to her great teaching style. Another main reason I decided on this elective was because it didn't seem like your "boring, average and everyday" style of class. According to the syllabus the class requires skills of math and and English, so it takes many levels of academics in order to understand and learn the base of the class (poor wording but you know what I mean.

    2)What i am hoping to learn about in this class is the flow of money in the economy, whether its only the U.S or the worldly economy. That concept has always withheld a great interest to me. Something else i want to learn in this class is about the stock market and how the whole entire process of Wall Street works. To go along with question #1 I have always held somewhat of an interest in the stock market and how people can make money off of one simple investment.

    3)What my parent may what me to potentially learn in this class is how make and keep smart investments throughout life. For example, maybe buying a new house or a new car. My mom also said she wants me to learn how to pay bills and keep a personal budget.

    ReplyDelete
  48. 1) I decided to take this class as an elective because i would like to own a restaurant some day and i need to learn the important subjects that pertain to economics.

    2) i would like to get buisness aspects from economics so i can own my own. Things i would like to learn would be about prices and how to make a profit.

    3) My Parents would like me to learn economics because they dont know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  49. The reason i decided to take economics as my elective because Cian M. informed me and Todd K. that its a really good class you just need to be motivated to do your work and its a good opportunity to learn about real life and get a higher knowledge of finances and economics. I'm hoping to have a greater amount of knowledge by June 17th and have a understanding of what i need to be ready for by the end of senior year. I want to learn about money and the opportunity costs and benefits. My parents would like me to not fail this class even though there almost positive i will.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I decided to take this class mainly because Ms. Scholes is the teacher. I also want to know more about our economy and how it really works. Another reason I chose this course is because I didn't want to take a language, I took Latin as a freshman and decided that was the last language I would take in high school. Also, i took this class because everyone that had it before told me it was awesome and had nothing but good things to say about it. My dad wants me to get a good grade in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I decided to take Principles of Economics as my elective based on other peoples views of the class. I heard from other students that took it last year that it was a really fun and interesting class to be a part of. Also everyone who has had Mrs.Scholes said it is worth it just to have her as your teacher.Mainly I took economics because I have an interest in in the economy today and all the problems it is facing.By taking this class I want to further those interests by learning about what really goes on from an economic point of view.I want to also learn about the stock market and anything to do with greater thinking concepts.One thing my parents want me to get out of this class is a better understanding of todays world and why certain things happen when they do economically.Also they want me to get involved with the buisness part of the world seeing if it is something I would potentially want to persue with college not so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Molly Moore

    I decided to take Principles of economics and finance as my elective because i wanted to try something new and learn more about economics and finances since i don't know very much about the two. I am hoping to get out of this class is to master and grasp the understanding of economics which will probably help me have a better understanding of the terrible economy we are currently in. With the knowledge I retain from this class about the economy it can help me after high school and following it into college to be as successful and maintain a good job. My parents are both in the restaurant business and would like one of their children to take over the family business one day, so their very happy that i'm learning how to deal with money and how the economy works with the pros and cons of it. With college not far away kids in general need to figure their future plans for post college and economics plays a big role in that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  53. 1.I decided to take this class as an elective because i thought it could be a good experience.Also to get a good understanding of how problems in our economy are handled.

    2.I'm not sure of what i'm hoping to get out of this class,but hopefully a good grade of course.I want to learn how to be able to take care of myself financially.

    3.I don't think my parents know i'm taking this class,but i'm sure they would want me to focus in class and finish the year with a better understanding of how the economy works.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I want to manage my money better for when I get out of high school. I would like to know about stock marketing. I have a great interest in that. I( am interested in the financial problems with our country and would like to learn more about them. I figured I would take this class because I heard it was a fun class to take. I don't think I even told my parents I am taking this class.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hayley Spinelli

    Friday, September 14th 2012

    - Why did you decide to take this class as your elective?

    - What are you hoping to get out of this class? What do you want to learn about?

    - What is one thing that your parent(s) want you to get out of this class?

    Welcome to my blog! As you may know I am currently taking Principles of economics and finance Honors with Mrs. Scholes. Not only had I heard she was a fun, out going teacher but I also heard her class was useful in everyday life. I chose this class because I would like to major in business management in college. I want to open my own little store in a small town, with my own ideas and my own creativity into it. I'm hoping to understand more of economics from this class, getting to know what people want, supply, demand, opportunity costs, etc. and how everything is really put together in the world of business. There isn't anything specific I would like to learn about just basically the whole concept of what it takes to own your own business and how to operate it successfully and therefor providing the needs of every day customers. I haven't really talked to my parents about this class and the reason I chose to take it but one thing that my parents definitely want me to get out of this class is an A every term and taking advantage of the time during class to learn something that I hadn't before.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I decided to take this class as my elective because it looked very interesting. Another reason I decided to take this class is because I hope to become a succesful buisnessman some day and I just thought that this class would help me with that. I am hoping to get a few things out of this class. One is to gain knowledge on how the economy operates. Another reason is to also gain knowledge on how the stock market works and how buisnesses and the society distributes money into many different stocks. I also think that this class will help me manage my finances as I get older. I want to learn about all the different stocks in the stock market. One thing that my parents want me to get out of this class is learning the basic principles that can be applied to any buisness.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I decided to take Economics as my elective because I'm interested in how our economy works and I want to get a better understanding of it. Also, i feel economics would be beneficial in college and even after. I am hoping to learn more about how to finance my money and all the different problems the economy faces today. My parents want me to understand how the economy works and how to manage my money for college.

    ReplyDelete

  58. I decided to take economics as an elective because I am planning on going to college with a major in political science. I felt as though economics as well as the economy is very important to this major, and I think it will help me in college as well as with my AP Gov class this year. I hope to get a better understanding of our economy today, and learn about what specifically makes the US have a “bad economy”. My parents know this is a topic I am interested in and want to further study, so they hope I enjoy it and learn how to make things better for the economy; on a large and small scale. I hope that after each class I can go home and teach them something I learned, that they wouldn’t know without my knowledge from this class.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I decided to take economics as an elective because I want to major in business when I go to college. Also I think basis of economics can be used in almost all subjects and daily life events. I want to learn in this class how to make the best decisions when handling money and how to pay bills. I also want to learn the process of buying items such as houses, insurances, and cars. My parents probably doesn't know I'm taking this class, but if they do they will want me to gain knowledge and responsibility as well as have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  60. At first I wanted to take this class because I heard that it was a cool class and I always saw classmates doing interesting projects. Then I realized that know raffle of how the economy works will be so valuable as I continue on in life. I hope to learn that best ways to handle my personal money in the many differant situations that I will be in through out my life. I also want to have a better understanding of how our national economy works because I want to be a good standing, educated American citizen. I also am interested in the reasons that people buy what they buy and what draws certain people to certain products. My parents also want me to be educated when I have to make important decisions in the financial part of my life, especially in college and beyond. They want me to have a solid understanding of how the economy works so I can be independent and knowledgable. They also want me to enjoy the class and do well, much like myself!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I chose to take this class as my elective because i would like to learn how the stock market is run and the basic structure of it. I'm hoping to get an undertanding of how our economy works and what parts build it. I want to learn what our nation spends the most on other than the war. My parents would like me to learn how to manage money well and also know some financial problems like student loans i may have to face.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I decided to take this class as an elective because my boy Jake kip suggested to me saying it is a great class with a great teacher, aslo my guidence counslor suggested it to me saying it will help me out in the long run.
    I am hoping to get a good view on the economy and how it works. Also hoping to learn how to handle all my stacks i will earn in the near future.
    My parents wan't me to enjoy the class. They also want me to know the economy well, and they wan't me to give them some pointers on the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I decided to take this class as an elective because I want to study business in college. High school economics will be a good base to start with so that I am not totally clueless in a college economics class. I want to learn the basics of economics so that I am prepared for when I go to college. I hope to learn how to manage my own finances all the way up to how the stock market works. My parents want me to get good grades and gain knowledge that will be used to get a business degree.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I decided to take this class as an elective because i want to go to college to study business so by taking this class it gives me a heads up on what to expect when my classes begin. I also took this class because it will help me with the steps i need to create my own business in the near future.I want to take as much information as i can in through the year so when college time comes around I know what task , learning/ teaching style ill be ready for . i think my dad is expecting me to make an effort to do as well as i possible can from this class , and also to pay attention so i become a smart and sharp adult.

    ReplyDelete
  65. i took this class because i wanted to learn more about businesses and and also study it in college.i am hoping to gain all that i can about economics and to get a good grade for the year.my parent are hoping i learn how to manage my money responsible and how to manage businesses on my own.

    ReplyDelete